We agree that, while working together as a Delegation to achieve our Mission, we:
1. Respect diversity and are culturally sensitive
We welcome and honor our differences—gender, racial, sexual, life-style, and personal history—and endeavor to continually deepen our understanding of each other’s cultures.
2. Foster a culture of inclusion
We encourage each other to be fully and naturally ourselves and we welcome each other as equal partners.
3. Co-lead and work together as a team
We, variously, take the lead, encourage each other to lead, and co-lead, making all crucial decisions by a consensus process.
4. Value each other’s knowledge and skills
We seek each other’s specific area(s) of expertise in the pandemic and we encourage each other to employ and share their skills.
5. Maintain integrity, professionalism and a high standard of ethics
We are honest, friendly, and collegial with each other.
6. Create a safe space for open dialogue
Because we believe that every voice matters, we encourage each other’s candor, invite constructive and respectful disagreement, and do not attack those who disagree.
7. Communicate clearly and considerately
We speak clearly, slowly, and concisely, and we are considerate of those for whom English is a second language.
8. Respect confidentiality
We will not share any of our personal information we share confidentially.
9. Actively participate and contribute to the best of our abilities
10. Engage passionately
We welcome each other’s personal perspectives on the pandemic and welcome their passion.
11. Are accountable to ourselves, each other, the PCB, and broader civil society
We hold ourselves and each other accountable and take ownership of our failures.