The draft annotated agenda for the 40th PCB Meeting is already out. Please click on the link below to access the agenda.
Registration to the 40th UNAIDS PCB Meeting is now open. Important agenda items include the presentation of the Refined Operating Model of UNAIDS, the UBRAF report and the Thematic Segment on HIV Prevention 2020: a global partnership for delivery. The NGO Delegation will organize a civil society global call in June to discuss the agenda items and elicit feedback in preparation for the PCB meeting.
The deadline to send in country best practices on HIV Prevention 2020: a global partnership for delivery has been extended to COB Monday 1 May 2017.
Read more on Extension of Deadline to Monday 1 May 2017: Call for submission of country case studies on HIV Prevention 2020: a global partenrship for delivery – Thematic Segment at the 40th PCB meeting…
The NGO Delegation is seeking submissions from communities and civil society organizations that will contain any of the following:
1. A description of how national programmatic prevention targets were set and what the targets that were set entail. These should be related to the 5 pillars in the UNAIDS Prevention Gap report:
· Combination prevention, including comprehensive sexuality education, economic empowerment and access to sexual and reproductive health services for young women and adolescent girls and their male partners in high-prevalence locations.
· Evidence-informed and human rights-based prevention programmes for key populations, including dedicated services and community mobilization and empowerment.
· Strengthened national condom programmes, including procurement, distribution, social marketing, private-sector sales and demand creation.
· Voluntary medical male circumcision in priority countries that have high levels of HIV prevalence and low levels of male circumcision, as part of wider sexual and reproductive health service provision for boys and men.
· Pre-exposure prophylaxis for population groups at higher risk of HIV infection.