The NGO Delegation is seeking submissions from communities and civil society organizations that will contain any of the following:
1. A description of how national programmatic prevention targets were set and what the targets that were set entail. These should be related to the 5 pillars in the UNAIDS Prevention Gap report:
· Combination prevention, including comprehensive sexuality education, economic empowerment and access to sexual and reproductive health services for young women and adolescent girls and their male partners in high-prevalence locations.
· Evidence-informed and human rights-based prevention programmes for key populations, including dedicated services and community mobilization and empowerment.
· Strengthened national condom programmes, including procurement, distribution, social marketing, private-sector sales and demand creation.
· Voluntary medical male circumcision in priority countries that have high levels of HIV prevalence and low levels of male circumcision, as part of wider sexual and reproductive health service provision for boys and men.
· Pre-exposure prophylaxis for population groups at higher risk of HIV infection.
2. A description of a rapid scale-up of a prevention programme or programme component at the national or subnational level, including statistics on numbers reached with combination prevention;
3. A description of how a policy was changed which will likely contribute to a reduction in new infections;
4. Description on how financing for prevention was increased, including allocation data before and after the decision to increase the prevention budget.
The submissions would be used as follows:
· A few good examples would be selected and the responsible colleague invited to present the programme as a PCB case study;
· Some examples will be used to illustrate the Background Note (see attached annotated draft outline of the Background Note); and
· Submissions will be compiled in a conference room paper for the 40th PCB meeting.
Please keep submissions short, preferably only 1 – 2 pages. For submission forms, please email [email protected]
Deadline of submission by email to [email protected] is by COB Geneva, Monday, 24 April 2017.