UNAIDS is creating a dialogue platform to support effective and meaningful participation of women living with HIV in UNAIDS policy and programmatic dialogues, in particular related to social transformation. In addition, the platform will enable UNAIDS to benefit from the guidance of women living with HIV in regards to key emerging issues faced by women living with HIV. Far from being a public, formally structured initiative, the platform will seek to be a safe space for:
- informal, agile, frank, flexible and innovative, internal discussions, initiatives and actions, related to key emerging issues between platform members and the UNAIDS Secretariat;
- fostering partnerships among the networks of women (and girls) living with HIV at the country, regional and global level;
- learning from country, regional and global level networks of women (and girls) living with HIV how to better engender the HIV response.
Interested candidates are requested to complete the questions below and send to the UNAIDS Secretariat:
- Name of applicant:
- Country of origin:
- Country of residence:
- Contact details:
- Are you openly living with HIV?
- Are you under the age of 30?
- How would you define your particular constituency?
- Why would you like to be part of the platform? (100 words max)
- What would you see yourself contributing to the platform? (150 words max)
- How do you communicate and consult with your constituency? How would you reach out to them if engaged in this platform? Please provide examples. (200 words max)
- Are you engaged at the national, regional or global level on issues around the rights of women living with HIV? Please provide examples. (200 words max)
- Do you have any experience of collaborating with the United Nations? Please provide examples. (150 words max)
- Do you identify as one of the following: women who use drugs, women who engage in sex work and transgender women or other key communities of women? If other, please state which.
All applications should be sent to [email protected] by 15 November 2012. The UNAIDS Secretariat will announce the selected members by 25 November. The first teleconference of the dialogue platform will be held on the afternoon of Wednesday 5 December so applicants should put aside this time in their agendas in case they are selected.