The PCB requested that the Secretariat and Cosponsors continue to collaborate in the further development of the plan, taking into consideration the need for:
- further distinction of those efforts focussed on the monitoring and evaluation of the global response to HIV/AIDS from that of the performance of the UNAIDS Cosponsors and Secretariat;
- closer linkage with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) including attention to the relationships between HIV/AIDS and development policy and programme efforts;
- further development of core indicators at each level of the logical framework;
- social indicators which enable a better understanding of the disparities within communities;
- greater emphasis on a gender and young people perspective with attention to the disaggregation of data by age and sex; and
- further development of mechanisms to monitor HIV/AIDS related programmes financing at national, regional and global levels.