The UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) Bureau’s February meeting focused on discussing the possible agenda for the 30th PCB meeting in June.
Draft agenda items for the upcoming PCB are:
- Keynote address on “Leadership in the AIDS response”
- An update from the Secretariat on the consultative process related to UNAIDS Technical Support
- Financial Reporting (including addressing currency fluctuations)
- An update on the implementation of the Global Plan towards the Elimination of New HIV Infections among Children by 2015 and Keeping Their Mothers Alive
- Performance Monitoring with case studies
- The UNAIDS Investment Framework
- The NGO Delegation’s NGO Report
- Thematic on “Combination Prevention: Addressing the urgent need to reinvigorate HIV prevention responses globally by scaling up and achieving synergies to halt and begin to reverse the spread of the AIDS epidemic”
The Delegation has agreed to present, as requested, its annual NGO Report at the upcoming meeting in June. The Delegation is currently formulating the focus and methodology and will work on it over the coming month.
The bureau has also finalized its workplan for the year. Key goals include the increased involvement of civil society, Cosponsors and Member States in the work of the PCB and improving the effectiveness of PCB meetings.
The UNAIDS Bureau oversees PCB meetings by ensuring its smooth and efficient functioning and the preparation of the meeting agenda. The Bureau also coordinates the PCB’s programme of work for the year, provides guidance on PCB documentation (as needed), and any additional functions as directed by the PCB in the interims between meetings. The membership of the PCB Bureau changes each year. In 2012, the PCB Bureau consists of Poland (Chair), India (Vice-chair), USA (Rapporteur), the World Bank (Cosponsor representative) and NGO Delegates Ebony Johnson (North America) and Ed Ngoksin (Asia-Pacific).