That the process endorsed above be expanded in the following ways:
- broaden the scope and composition of the UNAIDS Interagency Working Group on Education to include other key players and agencies involved in formal and nonformal AIDS and sexuality education programmes, and link its efforts to existing subregional, regional, and other informal global structures and mechanisms;
- highlight the positive role of the education sector as an HIV/AIDS prevention platform, thereby addressing the diversity of needs of a full range of countries, including those less affected;
- meet the special circumstances and needs of population groups, such as out-of school adolescents, the girl child, orphans, street children, mentally disabled and drug users, which are not reached by the formal education system;
- engage the involvement and participation of civil society groups, particularly
- NGOs and local community leaders, in developing and implementing a more innovative and expanded response of the education sector.