The NGO Delegation’s Communications and Consultation Facility is hosted by organizations for two-year periods. It has been based at the International Council of AIDS Service Organizations (ICASO), Toronto, Canada since October 2010; previously, it was in Amsterdam, Netherlands at the World AIDS Campaign (WAC).
A new host is required for fall 2012. The Call for Expression of Interest is now open to all interested, relevant, and capable organizations around the world. The full EOI is below. You can also download the pdf version. The deadline for submissions is 2 March 2012.
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
USER UNIT: CSP
REFERENCE NUMBER: EOI-2012-05
DESCRIPTION: NGO to host the PCB NGO Communication and Consultation Facility (CF)
POSTING DATE: 14-February-2012
DEADLINE DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF EOI : 02-March-2012
The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) is seeking outside technical assistance from civil society organisations working internationally to host and serve as a Communication and Consultation Facility that will support the participation of the nongovernmental organisation (NGO) delegation to the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB).
The UNAIDS NGO delegation consists of 5 representatives and 5 alternates representing the perspectives of civil society, including people living with HIV to UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB). Delegates can serve for up to three years and have non-voting status. UNAIDS was the first United Nations programme to have formal civil society representation on its governing body.
NGO delegates actively seek input from their respective communities on key issues related to UNAIDS policies and programs, and advocate with Members States (governments) and Cosponsoring organizations (the ten United Nations organizations that make up the UNAIDS Joint Programme) for meaningful improvements in the implementation and evaluation of AIDS policies and programmes.
The position of NGO delegates on the UNAIDS PCB is important for the effective inclusion of civil society voices in the key global policy forum for HIV and AIDS. In 2008, the UNAIDS PCB endorsed “the establishment of an independent communication and consultation facility (CF) to strengthen the NGO participation and support effectiveness of NGO country-level voices in the Programme Coordinating Board policy dialogue, and requested that the CF be supported by the UNAIDS Secretariat’’.
Objectives and Scope
- The communication and consultation facility (CF) is expected to provide the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board NGO delegation with independent support and will strongly contribute to the strengthening of the communication and consultation with wider civil society, helping to ensure that the PCB NGO delegation is appropriately nominated, able to responsibly represent civil society issues to the PCB, and prepared to meaningfully participate in PCB-related business.
- All civil society organizations that operate globally and have community-based interests in the success of the UNAIDS PCB are encouraged to apply. NOTE: the organization applying for the CF Host will be granted a two year contract and will be required to develop a detailed work plan and agree to a performance assessment framework prior to the signing of the contract.
- This Expression of Interest (EOI) will be used to identify organizations that are interested and are capable of providing services mentioned below as sought by UNAIDS. Following the results of the EOI, Request for Proposal (RFP) will be sent with refined terms of reference (TOR) and requirements to those suitable suppliers that have been identified by UNAIDS.
Terms of Reference (Work to be performed)
The selected NGO will need the capacity to perform the following tasks:
1. Facilitate and coordinate the regular work of the delegates (10), which includes:
a. Organizing and supporting administrative aspects related to monthly conference calls and meetings, including drafting meeting agendas and writing and disseminating meeting minutes.
b. The CF focal point traveling to the 2 PCB meetings per year and providing hands-on support (administrative and technical) to the delegation (for pre and post-meetings, etc). (The logistics support for the travel of the 10 PCB NGOs to the PCB and PCB-related meetings is covered by another mechanism)
c. Managing the logistics of the recruitment process for new PCB NGO delegates, including hosting an application process, managing the call for nominations and arranging interviews;
d. Supporting the development of the NGO delegation’s reports. (1 annual report to the PCB).
e. Compiling and synthesizing background documents to inform the delegation’s policy analyses.
f. Archiving reports and other documents, ensuring work is well-documented and easily accessible for future use.
2. Host and update PCB NGO website; review, edit, proof-read and format content provided by PBC NGOs for posting on website;
3. Ability to support the delegation in conducting high-level policy analysis on key global HIV policy issues;
4. Manage travel and logistics for subject area community experts and Secretariat focal point (Around 6 travels/year);
5. Oversee, track and provide reports on budget expenses;
6. Assist in resource mobilization; and
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Expression of Interest:
IMPORTANT: No formal offers or prices are requested in this phase.
Email for submission of EOI: [email protected]
(Please indicate Ref. No. EOI-2012-05 in all submissions)
Deadline for submission of Expression of Interest: 02-March-2012
Submissions for expression of interest shall include the following elements, which represent the criteria for the identification of potential NGOs:
- List of similar projects carried out (for similar organizations, preferably international ones and companies) with a brief description of the services provided for each.
- Organization, structure and number, and qualifications of employees working for the company if applicable.
- This EOI does not constitute a solicitation. We do not require bids or proposals at this stage; we merely seek your expression of interest in participating in the tender.
A response to this Request for Expression of Interest does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender, nor only organizations participating in the EOI will be invited to bid. UNAIDS reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process.
UNAIDS also reserves the rights to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final tender document. UNAIDS will respond in writing (via email only) to any requests for clarification of the EOI that it receives prior to 17:00 (Geneva time), 27-February-2012. All answers to queries will be posted on 28-February-2012.
UNAIDS | [email protected] |