NGO Delegation Videos
In addition to the videos highlighted, you can view our complete collection of Delegation and favourite videos on our YouTube page.
You must have Adobe Flash to view the video players below. You can scroll right along the preview images to watch more. Click on the YouTube icon at the bottom right of a viewed video to watch it on YouTube.
NGO Report videos and an introduction to the NGO Delegation
[ultimate_free 1 /]
List of videos
- Voices from the Field: How Laws and Policies Affect HIV Responses was produced for the presentation of the 2011 NGO Report at the 29th UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board meeting in December 2011.
- NGO Delegate for Europe, Mat Southwell (2010-2012), speaks to UNAIDS Member States on 28 November 2011 on the 2011 NGO Report findings and recommendations.
- This video is in part the presentation of the 2010 NGO Report on stigma & discrimination at the 26th UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board meeting in June 2010.
- An Introduction to the UNAIDS PCB NGO Delegation (2010), a compilation of speeches and photos explaining what the NGO Delegation does at UNAIDS for civil society.
Delegate speeches on the floor of the 26th (June 2010) and 30th (June 2012) UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board meetings
[ultimate_free 3 /]
List of videos
- Joel Nana, Africa NGO Delegate (2012-2013), calls out Egypt and Iran for denying human rights of key populations. Civil society all stood in solidarity to refuse to allow ourselves to be made invisible and denied justice.
- Matthew Southwell, Europe NGO Delegate (2010-2012), speaks during the thematic session on combination-prevention on the TB Advocacy Guide with People who Use Drugs.
- Vince Crisostomo, Asia Pacific NGO Delegate (2008-2010), explains key issues around the HIV epidemic in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Matthew Southwell, Europe NGO Delegate (2010-2012), presents key issues around the HIV epidemic in Europe and Central Asia.
- Matthew Southwell, Europe NGO Delegate (2010-2012), responds to the report of the Executive Director.
- Ian Mcknight, Latin America and the Caribbean Delegate (2010), speaks to key issues around the HIV epidemic in the LAC region.
- Felicita Hikuam, Africa NGO Delegate (2010-2011), discusses reducing HIV transmission among men who have sex with men and transgender persons.
- Felicita Hikuam, Africa NGO Delegate (2010-2011), explains key issues around the HIV epidemic in the Africa region.
- Evan Collins, North America NGO Delegate (2008-2010), presents key issues around the HIV epidemic in the North American region.
- Lydia Mungherera, Africa NGO Delegate (2009-2010), responds to the presentation of the UNAIDS Action Framework on Women, Girls, Gender Equality and HIV (Action Framework).
Video interviews of NGO Delegates produced by colleagues and supporters
[ultimate_free 2 /]
List of videos
- Attapon Ed Ngoksin, Asia Pacific NGO Delegate (2012-2013), answers questions on youth participation at the PCB.
- Matthew Southwell, Europe NGO Delegate (2010-2012), talks about the Delegation’s advocacy around the issues of criminalization and decrease in global HIV funding and the use of social media in outreach.
- Alessandra Nilo, Latin America & the Caribbean NGO Delegate (2012-2013), describes how civil society representation works on the Board and the treatment as prevention revolution.
- Felicita Hikuam, Africa NGO Delegate (2010-2011), explains the opportunities offered to bring key civil society agendas to the PCB, including the NGO Report on HIV and legal environments.
Produced by the iMAXi Cooperative around the 26th UNAIDS PCB meeting in June 2010:
- Rathi Ramanthan, Asia Pacific NGO Delegate (2010-2011), and Lydia Mungherera, Africa NGO Delegate (2009-2010) speak to the successes at the 26th PCB meeting, most importantly the recognition of key populations.
- Ian McKnight, Latin America & the Caribbean NGO Delegate, at the meeting, discusses the erosion of human rights and stigma and discrimination and the commitment of the Delegation to ensure that these issues are represented at the highest level.
- Dr. Evan Collins, North America NGO Delegate (2008-2010), offers insight into the roles of and challenges faced by the NGO Delegation to outreach to communities.
- Maria Antonieta Alcalde, North America NGO Delegate (2009-2010), shares from the June 2010 26th PCB messages from discussions on sexual and reproductive health, the Delegation’s success in passing a decision point around punitive laws and the controversy around civil society participation in the HIV response.