Civil society observers bring important perspectives and a variety of voices to the PCB meetings. Their interventions have a profound effect on all participants because they are spoken from experience, hard evidence, and also from the heart. We offer below a selection of floor interventions from observers at the 26th, 29th and 30th PCB meetings. View the complete collection of videos on our YouTube page.
You must have Adobe Flash to view the video players below. You can scroll right along the preview images to watch more. Click on the YouTube icon at the bottom right of a viewed video to watch it on YouTube. The following videos are not necessarily endorsed by the Delegation.[ultimate_free 4 /]
List of videos
30th UNAIDS PCB Meeting, June 2012
- Outtakes from the Combination Prevention thematic session, “Mobilizing Stakeholders: Civil Society & Private Sector”
- Eliot Albers, International Network of People who Use Drugs: legal environment and people who inject drugs
- Dasha Ocheret, European Harm Reduction Network: harm reduction strategies & Hepatitis C
- Yuri De Boer, COC Netherlands: homophobic laws in EECA
The 29th UNAIDS PCB Meeting in December 2011 featured a thematic day on “HIV and Enabling Legal Environments” during which civil society observers had the opportunity to share their experiences and offer recommendations. The Serostigma & Empowerment Resource Organization (SERO), lead by Sean Strub, supported two representatives to attend the meeting. In addition to their speeches at the PCB about their personal experiences of HIV criminalization, they also feature in Strub’s upcoming documentary film project about HIV criminalization in the United States called “HIV is Not a Crime”. The following interventions can also be found on Nick Rhoade’s YouTube channel.
- Nick Rhoades (part 1 & 2)
- Robert Suttle
- Sean Strub
- Trailer for “HIV is Not a Crime”
26th UNAIDS PCB Meeting, June 2010
- Kieran Daly, International Council of AIDS Service Organizations (ICASO), responds to the report of the Executive Director.
- Alexandr Paluyan, The Global Forum on MSM & HIV (MSMGF), speaks on reducing HIV transmission among men who have sex with men and transgender persons. (in Russian only)
- Joško Miše, International Federation of Medical Student’ Association (IFMSA), shares thoughts on ensuring non-discrimination in responses to HIV.
- Chris Collins, amfAR, discusses reducing HIV transmission among men who have sex with men and transgender persons.
- Juliana Cesar, Gestos Brazil, responds to the UNAIDS Action Framework on Women, Girls, Gender Equality and HIV (Action Framework).