UNITAID is an international drug-purchasing facility, supporting projects which use UNITAID’s long-term sustainable funding to positively impact the market for medicines and other health products for HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria. The Civil Society delegations to UNITAID Board (representing NGOs and Communities affected by HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria at Board level) recently attended the 14th UNITAID Executive Board Meeting, held 5th-6th July 2011, in Geneva.
What were the Civil Society delegates’ key issues at the fourteenth UNITAID Board meeting?
- Selection of new Executive Secretary of UNITAID
- UNITAID Operations Update
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Finance and Administration Committee (FAC) Issues
- Policy and Strategy Committee (PSC) Issues
- Governance Working Group (GWG) Issues
- UNITAID Independent 5 Year Evaluation
- Landscape Analysis (Diagnostics for HIV, TB and malaria) and Call for Proposals.
- Transition of UNITAID/CHAI HIV/AIDS Projects
- Funding Request: Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) Expansion and PMTCT Nutrition
- Medicines Patent Pool Update
- Communication Committee
You can read here the full Communiqué from the meeting.
Next Board Meeting: 12-13 December 2011
Other forthcoming dates of key UNITAID meetings include (TBC):
- UNITAID Consultative Forum (4th-5th October 2011)
- Finance and Administration Committee (FAC): 15th November 2011
- Policy and Strategy Committee (PSC): 16th November 2011
- Governance Working Group (GWG): 17th November 2011
The Civil Society delegations’ to UNITAID Board will be holding a teleconference to provide updates on the outcomes of the 14th UNITAID Board meeting for all interested NGOs or communities’ representatives, on Thursday 4th August, at 5pm UK time. Please do RSVP to the Liaison Officer if you wish to join the teleconference, and dial-in details will be sent to you. Alternatively, please provide details of a number to be dialled out to on for the call.
For any further information, or if you have any feedback for the Delegations (or to RSVP to the teleconference), please contact UNITAID Civil Society delegations’ Liaison Officer, Jessica Hamer, on [email protected].