Please see the information below on preparation for the upcoming High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS (June 8-10 in New York). Take the time to read this carefully – if you have any questions, contact [email protected]. The official website for the HLM has more details at http://www.un.org/en/ga/aidsmeeting2011.
HLM PRE-MEETING & CIVIL SOCIETY CAUCUSES
Civil Society Task Force has organized a Pre-Meeting (June 7), together with several morning and evening caucuses for civil society during the course of the HLM. Civil society representatives may also reserve space for additional meetings. Please see the attached PDF for more detailed information. The contact point for the pre-meeting, caucuses and room reservations is Sophie Dilmitis.
SUMBITTING YOUR INFORMATION TO UN SECURITY
For the duration of the HLM, representatives from civil society will require temporary “T” passes, which will include your photograph. To speed-up the creation of these passes, UNAIDS has established a secure website to submit information for passes to U.N. Security in advance of the event.
- Enter your details at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HLM2011CivilSociety (Password: “civilsociety”).
- Print out the completed page BEFORE submitting. You’ll need to bring it to the registration point.
- This website will expire at 12noon (U.S. EST) Thursday June 2. If you miss this deadline, please let us know and we’ll send you a form to complete manually.
If you have a current ECOSOC “N” photo pass, there is no need to submit your pass information again. Your process for registration and Special Event Ticket (SET) allocation will occur through the DESA office. Please reply to this e-mail for more information.
REGISTRATION FOR THE HIGH LEVEL MEETING
We are encouraging civil society representatives to register on Monday June 6 or Tuesday June 7 (prior to the High Level Meeting). The U.N. grounds will be “closed” to the public from June 8-10, and Security staff will significantly restrict access. If you don’t register in person on June 6 or 7, you could experience delays.
Public Visitors Lobby, General Assembly Building, U.N. Headquarters New York
Enter the U.N. grounds at 1st Avenue (opposite 45th Street) and pass through the security tent.
Monday June 6: 1pm – 4.30pm (PREFERRED)
Tuesday June 7: 9.30am – 12noon, 2pm – 4pm (PREFERRED)
Wednesday June 8: 8.30am – 11am, 2pm – 3pm
Thursday June 9: 9am – 11am, 2pm – 3pm
Friday June 10: 9am – 10am
Bring the following:
- Your formal letter of invitation to the HLM (with the UNAIDS letterhead),
- A government-issued photo ID (preferably your passport or drivers license), and
- A print-out of the web-page containing the completed details for security (as above).
What to expect:
After your invitation and photo ID have been checked, you will be photographed, and a temporary “T” grounds pass will be created. This pass will be valid for the duration of the HLM (June 8-10).
HLM SESSION TIMES & LIST OF SPEAKERS
An information note will be sent out early next week with a detailed program for the Meeting, as well as the list of invited speakers.
WEBCAST OF HLM
The Plenary Sessions and Panel Discussions will be webcast live at http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/webcast/
ACCESS TO ON-SITE MEETING ROOMS
- Your “T” pass will provide automatic access to the following areas:
- Entrance to the U.N. grounds at 1st Avenue (opposite 45th Street)
- The North Lawn Building (NLB)
- Conference Room 1 (the video-link “overflow” room) in the North Lawn Building. This where the majority of civil society representatives (including anyone without a speaking role at the HLM) will view the sessions on video monitors.
“Special Event Tickets” (SETs) will be required to access to other areas:
Plenary Sessions in the General Assembly Hall:
- A limited number of seats will be available on the Fourth Floor Balcony overlooking the GA Hall.
- These seats will be allocated to representatives from accredited U.N. General Assembly Observer organizations, ECOSOC accredited organizations, PCB NGOs, individuals with a speaking role at any of the official HLM sessions, and the Civil Society Task Force (these groups will receive separate instructions by e-mail on ticket collection).
- Remaining tickets will be allocated on a “first-come-first-serve” basis from 7.30am on June 8 in the Plaza Room of the Church Center (2nd Floor, 777 United Nations Plaza, New York – 44th Street at 1st Avenue).
- Tickets to side-events are available only through contacting primary side-event organizers by e-mail. (Please note that many of these meetings are closed.)
- The calendar of side events is being updated regularly, and can be found on the UNAIDS website at: http://www.unaids.org/en/media/unaids/contentassets/documents/document/2011/2011HLM_SideEvents_ProvisionalCalendar_en.pdf
The Panel Discussion Room (Conference Room 2, NLB) has very limited space, with access only to Member State delegates and invited speakers.