Civil Society Orientation Pre Meeting
A civil society orientation meeting will take place on June 7th from 2pm to 6pm at the Church Center for the United Nations in the Plaza Room. Civil society do not need a pass to get into this building.
The address and name of the room is:
777 United Nations Plaza
New York NY 10017
The orientation meeting is organized by the Civil Society Task Force and will be run by and for civil society. The meeting is open to civil society representatives attending the High Level Meeting, both as part of civil society and government delegations. This will create a space for the following:
- An explanation of the HLM process
- An orientation to assist civil society to engage effectively in the HLM
- An overview of the agenda
- An overview of the side events
- Contentious issues and how civil society can address these
- Issues civil society would like to raise through speakers on panels and from the floor and in side events.
The plenary portions of this meeting will be conducted in English, with some whisper translation available in Spanish, French and Russian.
Civil Society Daily Caucuses
Civil society caucuses have been organized on June 8, 9 and 10th each morning and evening, before and following the HLM. These will take place at the Church Center for the United Nations in the Plaza Room.
- On June 8th the morning civil society caucus meetings will start at 7:30am and end at 8:30am as the opening of the HLM starts at 9:00am. (This morning caucus is still tentative and will be confirmed)
- On June 9 and 10th the morning civil society caucus meetings will start at 8:00am and end at 9:00am
- The evening civil society caucuses on the 8, 9 and 10th will start at 6:30pm and end at 7:30pm.
Morning Caucus Meetings
The morning caucuses will provide civil society with an opportunity to prepare for each day and develop a solid understanding of the day ahead and cover the following:
- Overview of the day’s agenda
- Contentious issues to be expected
- Issues to raise during the day – speakers that hope to speak from the floor
- If negotiations are ongoing, civil society will need to strategize on this as a matter of urgency
Evening Caucus Meetings
The evening caucus will provide civil society with an opportunity to process and debrief on the day and will cover the following:
- Clarity on decisions of the day
- Where was impact made or missed?
- Comments on process issues (translation, speakers, timing, etc)
- Strategy for next day – any preparation overnight?
Registrations details for the HLM will be sent out next week when they have been finalized.
For additional information contact [email protected]
For further scheduling information, please see our previous post with links to the interactive calendar and planner.