The UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) Bureau met on 9 February 2011 in Geneva to follow-up on the 27th PCB meeting and to discuss the 28th PCB and the 2012-2015 Unified Budget and Accountability Framework (UBAF). Felicita Hikuam (Africa) attended as the NGO Delegation representative.
You can view the complete meeting notes here.
Members agreed to include the following topics in the 28th PCB to be held 21-23 June 2011 in Geneva:
- Follow-up to “Cooperation with the GFATM and the PCB: Support mechanisms for African States” (ref. PCB 24/rec. 9.1)
- Follow-up to the 27th PCB thematic segment on food security
- Follow-up on 27th PCB decision point to have UNAIDS report on progress achieved in implementing the Agenda for Accelerated Action on Women and Girls by country (ref. PCB 27/rec 7.5)
To be included in the 29th meeting:
- Progress report on implementation of human rights-related PCB decisions (ref. PCB 22/rec. 5.2)
Future PCB dates were discussed:
- 30th – 5-7 June 2012 in Warsaw, Poland (tbc)
- 31st – 4-6 December or 11-13 December 2012 in Geneva, Switzerland
The Bureau is also requesting submissions for thematic segments propsals for the 30th and 31st PCBs. The NGO Delegation will be submitting its own suggestions in time for the next Bureau meeting on 20 April 2011.
Please click here for notes from the last Bureau meeting held on 11 November 2010.
It is the Bureau’s mandate to coordinate and prepare the PCB’s programme of work and meetings and facilitate transparent and efficient decision-making at the PCB. Members of the Bureau must include one NGO Delegate.